Blog 7 Mold project

 For this week I didn't do too much, just some small adjustments and printing of the objects.

The one big adjustment I needed to make was the depth of the lettering on the vase. Brian suggested that I use lofting instead of fileting so that's what I did.


I didn't do this originally because I was getting a lot of error in the lofts but I decided to give it another try. I had to limit my offset to .5 mm so to avoid parts of the loft curving inward. I also played with the settings to remap the points so that they wouldn't attach in weird ways. I also had to limit the number of point that could connect so that the curving would be further reduced. After playing with all of that though, I ended up with fairly straight lofts that shouldn't provide any issues with undercuts.


I then just added the offsets to the top and side of my half object so that it could be used as a mold and printed them!





I did forget to take pictures of the final prints so I'll try to add those to this blog tomorrow!
So overall, things went well and I'm really looking forward to working with plaster this week!

Comments