Chess Set!!

This project was such a great time, I really enjoyed the whole process of getting to make something from scratch that was transformed into a real object I could hold! I'm really proud of the work I put in even though it wasn't quite how I imagined it ending up. 


So I started off with this (far too ambitious) sketch.


After going through it with some classmates one of the big pieces of advice I got was that I may want to simplify. Although I didn't initially take this advice in the end it was what I did. 

So as I started printing I started off with the idea of very specific joints for the arms, but after trying them I decided that they were just too bulky and didn't add enough to the design to be worth pursuing. Then, after simplifying I found that I needed them to have a bit more spacing to be able to fully flex. Here's both of those!


So, third time was truly the charm and I ended up getting this!! 



Here are the finished these renders! They're a bit lack lustre because I couldn't model the outfits but I think they're really cute!



And finally, here's a couple progress images of the print it's self!



I'm sad this class is ending but also so excited to take what I've learned and apply it to my future work! I'm so happy I took it and am looking forward to the 300 level class!




Comments