Reverse Engineered Object Selection

 So today I will be showing my object selections for the reverse engineered object project! I didn't have a lot of objects in my apartment to choose from but I think there's some exciting options.




My first option, and probably the one that I'm the least excited about it this microphone. 

It's an old microphone of my sister's that doesn't work anymore so taking it apart is not an issue. I looked online and it seems like there's some interesting parts within it to recreate. I do worry about the mesh covering to the top but I think the rest of it is simplistic enough to be doable. 




The second object is this toy car. It looks simple enough on the outside but actually has a little key that you use to make it shoot foreword. I'd be really curious to see how this works and recreate it's mechanics. I couldn't find photos of the inner mechanics online because I've never seen another toy that works quite the same but I'm hoping it would be interesting! I would be worried about recreating some of the exterior details. I'm not entirely sure how I'd add in the cookie texture on it but if it's something reasonable to achieve I'd be excited to do it!


The third object is the one I'm the most excited about and am hoping will be a reasonable choice for this project. It's a wind up ladybug toy that runs around, spins and flips over! I've always loved wind up toys and selfishly I'd just love to understand how they come together so that I might be able to incorporate their movement into future projects! I took a look at some images of their interiors and it seems like there's quite a few small parts but they all seem pretty standard and geometric. I think the model created from it would also be really fun to look at and something pretty interesting! 

Comments